Featuring Julie Lythcott-Haims author of How To Raise an Adult and Break Free of the OverParenting Trap $36
Julie Lythcott-Haims served as dean of freshmen and undergraduate advising at Stanford University, where she received the Dinkelspeil Award. Julie Lythcott-Haims encountered increasing numbers of students who, as a result of hyper-attentive parenting, lacked a strong sense of self and were poorly equipped to handle the demands of adult life She has spoken and written widely on the phenomenon of helicopter parenting, and her work has appeared on numerous TedTalks, PBS, and in Forbes and the Chicago Tribune. Julie holds a BA from Stanford University and a JD from Harvard Law School.
February 8, 2017, 7:30pm
@ McMahon Fine Arts Center Theater, Providence Day School
Workshops – Thursday, February 9
Parents Only-Half Day from 9:30am-1:00pm (includes snacks, lunch and breakout sessions $60
- 9:30 am-10:45 am: Raising Resilient Children (a workshop for parents), Erin Walsh
- 11:00 am-12:15pm: Managing Stress in the family Dr. Russ Greenfield
12:30 pm Lunch
Educators and Childcare Professionals
- 1:30-4:15pm: Building Successful Children Mindfulness in the Classroom (workshop for teachers and professionals), Erin Walsh $60 (includes snacks). Erin is a knowledgeable and dynamic speaker on brain development and raising resilient children.
- Topics for educators include:
- Executive function and academic achievement
- The science of stress: Too much, too little, and the resilience sweet spot
- Connection unleashes learning
- Growth mindset in education
- Warm/Strict strategies in the classroom
Buy My Tickets Now!
Group discounts available.